It’s the first Tuesday of the Month! And you know what that means! It’s TCP Tuesday! That means it’s challenge day!
Last month was the Long, Tall Challenge. This month is all about Paper Piecing.Paper Piecing is a technique that I use all the time. And you see it everywhere. It’s a relatively “new” technique, though. And, when I started stamping over 12 years ago, paper piecing didn’t really exist. Now, with all the pretty papers, it’s fun to actually use them.
Paper piecing looks complicated, but is really easy, especially if you like to fussy cut. You simply stamp your image on pieces of paper. Use one as the “base” and cut along the inked lines on the other papers. (The Cat’s Pajamas stamps are great for that, because of our think lines) Then, you attach the pieces to the main image.
Check out Wendy’s paper pieced card above using “At Your Service“. She paper pieced the bear and the bow in her hair. She used a different paper for the bear to make her stand out, but used paper from the main card for the bow.
Kimberly paper pieced the cup and saucer in “Ship Happens” for a great look. By using paper piecing, she was able to make her card even more stunning by adding different textures.
You can do as much or as little as you like. Here is an oldie, but goody, that I did using “Take Off” and several papers in the plane and his helmet and nose, and in the little puffs.
It’s simply a great technique.
Now, you’ve seen what we did with the challenge. Let’s see what you can do.
Here are the Deets.
The First Tuesday of the Month I will post a challenge on this blog. That’s right! Here!
If you want to play along you just upload your design right here on this page using the InLinkz button. (The challenge button will be posted on the right hand column of this blog so you don’t have to search around)
If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers using keyword TCPTUESSept13
- The Challenge will be a month-long challenge and you can play as many times as you like during that month.
- Cards and projects must have at least one Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
- On the First Monday of the Month a winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and crowned Swanky Stamper.
- The Swanky Stamper will not only be acknowledged as the Swankiest Stamper for that month, but will also receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig AND as snazzy badge to display on their blog.
- The winner will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog